Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Doughnut Factory at Raffles City

Went to Raffles City to run an errand. Passed by dough nut factory at the basement of Raffles City and saw this ridiculously long queue. I believe it is a new establishment in Singapore, doughnut factory's first franchise in Singapore. They offered an assortment of flavours including flavours that would please local tastebuds. Eg: Kaya white chocolate. There's even cheese coated doughnuts.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The stall was not opened for operations. But look at the queue...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

From the back...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

One of these days I am going to queue and test them out.

I had lunch in one of the Japanese food outlets in Raffles City. I ate this.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Unfortunately, I had this bad habit of eating the food before I remembered to take a snapshot of it. Sorry guys. Well the display was attractive and pleasing to the eye. However the portions are patheically small. The unagi in the unagi don is so small!!! I tried to recreate the actual size of the rice in yellow for you to compare. Nothing fantastic about this shop. The food is really average. I believe I can cook Tonkatsu of a comparable standard or better. Taste normal, edible. Hence it is not worth paying a premium to eat in this particular stall.

No comments: