Friday, April 13, 2007

Chin Chin Resturant

Upon looking at the review of Chin Chin restaurant from ieatishoot.blogspot.com, I decided to drop by the place to try the food.

Link to the Review

Resurrection of some old style Hainanese food? Sounds too good to be true. Before going to work at St James, I met up with my St James khaki, Bernard to check up on the food.

This is Chin Chin Resturant at Purvis Street

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

We ordered

Sambal Fried Rice $4

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Hokkien Noodles $3

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Prawn Egg. This one sucks. Thats why no photos of it is available.

The pork chop which I have been waiting for $5

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Despite the excellent review, I don't see anything special about Chin Chin. Its all your regular "zhi cha" dishes. Perhaps I should have tried the Chicken Rice which the author has been raving about. Nah, I have been suffering from a persistent cough. Chicken is really bad for my throat. As for the pork chops, I have to say they taste good. However given the fact that I can cook, I have to give their pork chops a lower score. I know I can whipped out something better than this.

The thing I like about Chin Chin is- The food menu on the billboard never lies. What you see is what you get. The picture of the pork chop on the board is exactly the same as what is being served. These days, there are plenty of colourful food pictures in food court. Looks are decieving. Most of the time, their serving is pathetic. Way off standards.

Bernard. Thanks for the meal. I am going to ban you from giving me treats :P

Guys check out for my next review on the Ramen at Cuppage Plaza!

1 comment:

Dr Leslie said...

May I know where you downloaded the Pic of the T Rex from?

BTW the best dish there is the Chap Chye!